Haere mai! Welcome to Mairtown Kindergarten's blog.

Nau Mai Haere mai. Welcome to Mairtown Kindergarten's blog.


21 Princes Street, Kensington, Whangarei, New Zealand

Phone: 09 437 2742

Email: mairtown@nka.org.nz

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Shave for a cure

Tracy is one of our fabulous mums at Mairtown Kindergarten and on April 1st will be shaving her head for charity. We all really admire her for making this big big step - good on you Tracy!

As a Kindergarten we would love to support Tracy in any way we can. These are her words,

"Losing a loved one is one of the hardest things you will ever have to experience. I know first hand since my beloved husband passed away almost two years ago. If there had been anything anyone could have done to prevent Jason's death I would have been the first to raise my hand to do it. Even though his death wasn't in anyway related to an illness I still want to help others to be able to hold onto their loved ones for as long as possible.


One of my best friends is going through the struggle of having her Dad battling with cancer and when she signed up for Shave for Cure and she asked me to, I only had a small hesitation before I signed up too.


I've joined the Leukaemia and Blood Cancer New Zealand in their effort to get 10,000 people shaving in a mass expression of solidarity. That's one shave for each one of the estimated 10,000 New Zealanders living with blood cancers and related blood conditions, this support can last months or even years.


Life is short, hair grows back.


Take the time to make a difference in someone else's life and sponsor me!!!"






If you would like to sponsor Tracy or know anyone else that may, go to www.shaveforacure.co.nz and search for Tracy Palmer.

Christine

No comments:

Translate